General information about this website
1. Under the legislation on universities, the University of Barcelona (“UB”) performs the public service of providing higher education through research, teaching and studies. The UB owns the domain names ub.edu and ub.es, through which its website is accessible. The Josep Termes Chair ("Chair") is part of the UB network and use of the UB website constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this document.
2. The information on the Chair website is provided for the purpose of publicizing the activities and services. The Chair works to ensure that the information and services that appear on the Chair website have the necessary integrity and that they are accurate, up-to-date, accessible and usable. In this respect, users should take note of the last modified date indicated in each case. The information offered on the Chair website is not intended to contravene any of the requirements laid down in applicable laws, general provisions or administrative acts that must be formally published in newspapers, official bulletins or any system established by the University itself.
3. This website and all of its contents, including the texts, images, sound recordings, databases, code and any other material, are the property of the Chair or third parties who have authorized their use by the institution. All of this material is subject to the current legislation on intellectual property. The respective owners reserve their right to take appropriate legal action to redress any harm or damage caused by any act that infringes upon their intellectual property rights over the contents.
4. The Chair reserves the right to modify and update its website at any time and without prior notice.
5. The Chair publishes the images of people who appear on the website in full recognition of their rights to their own image. The images are used exclusively for the purpose of creating graphic files or videos to report or publicize the Chair’s activity. In no case shall they be used for other purposes or given to third parties without the necessary authorization.
6. The Chair has implemented the security measures needed to keep its website and servers free of malware. Secure access to the website (such as in the case of intranets) is provided through the HTTPS protocol.
7. The Chair website provides hyperlinks to the Chair's profiles in Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc., in order to advertise the Chair’s presence in these social networks. Once users access these social networks, they are subject to the policies established by each service.
8. The Chair enables users to receive news published on its website via RSS feeds.
9. Any dispute involving the Chair website shall be conducted in the courts and tribunals of Barcelona, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction.
The design of the website utilizes style sheets for the visual display of information. Only relative font sizes have been used, so that users can customize the text size. If your browser does not permit the use of style sheets, you can browse the web pages without experiencing display problems by selecting the browser option for style and choosing no page style.