Josep Termes Chair main objectives are:
- To foster a research and training space within the fields of leadership, citizenship and identities.
- To link academic institutions with political and social action.
- To promote the development of studies and research works regarding social and political leadership, public diplomacy, citizenship and values, democracy, national and identity studies, social movements and conflict resolution, social and political communication. It also will foster studies and research works regarding other subjects that can be connected to the mentioned ones.
- To promote the dissemination of knowledge within the fields of leadership, citizenship, participatory democracy, public diplomacy, social movements and conflict resolution, social and political communication, national and identity studies and governance.
- To provide Catalonia with a training space for the political, social and civic leaders to come. In this way, to become a training space that contributes to the creation of knowledge together with other political, social and cultural agents.
- To organize and make courses, seminars, meetings and conferences aimed to strengthen research and training –formal and non formal– both in a regular and steady way and in a temporary and circumstantial one.